So It's True, The Hills Is A Sham :(

As trashy as The Hills is, I absolutely love that show. I live in LA normally so watching Lauren and Audrina eat at one of my favorite places of all time, Pinkberry, is highly entertaining for me.

Unfortunately, it seems as if the sham that is The Hills has finally been exposed. I mean, okay let's get real, we all knew that the show wasn't 100% real (there's no way Lauren and Jason would end up at the same restaurant on the same night as Heidi and Spencer by accident). However, I wasn't ready to except that it was pretty much a scripted show.

If any of you saw last weeks episode where the model Gavin takes Lauren out on a date, you may have noticed the much talked about nailpolish change.



Images:MTV

During dinner with Gavin, Lauren's nailpolish is bright red, and then as soon as she walks in the door from the supposed date, she has no nailpolish on.

Now Lauren's date that night, Gavin, is speaking out on his experience shooting The Hills, and how fake everything really is. Among the most interesting excerpts:

On how he got on the show:
"Then in August I got a call from my agency to go to a casting call for Teen Vogue, and Lauren and the camera crews just so happened to be there. She remembered me from our shoot, and the next thing I know, a producer’s asking me to ask Lauren for her number, and I’m signing release forms and being shot for The Hills. They wanted me to ask her about the runway show, how long she had worked that day, when would she get off, stuff like that."

On his experience filming:
"Like, they totally set up the BBQ scene for Brody and I to meet each other and talk because, as they said, “the audience would get a kick out of seeing ‘the ex’ talking to ‘the new guy’.” So they rent this house in Malibu for a set, bought a bunch of food and drinks, and just filmed us hanging out. Brody would talk all this sh*t, then be like, “Sorry about that, we’re just trying to make good television.” Like at one point, some other dude walked up to us while we were talking, and Brody goes, “We’re trying to film a scene here. Do you mind?”, like he’s interrupting our lines. Haha, it was some of the best acting I’ve ever done."

On Lauren:
"I honestly had a really hard time talking to her - she’s kind of a conversation killer, and when the cameras are rolling, all conversation is kept firmly on the surface. She talked about how mean Perez Hilton was, and how you have to be nice to the Paparazzi so they don’t release the uglier pictures of you. I don’t know – pop culture, Red Bull, stuff like that. In fact, the most interesting thing I got out of her was that she isn’t allowed to eat ice cream because her trainer told her she can’t."

Check out the full interview with Gavin here.

0 comments: